& free returns on ALL orders
& free returns on ALL orders
ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO JOIN OUR SQUAD!
HOW IT WORKS
1. Follow us on Instagram
2. Post your favorite pic of yourself
3. Tag @piercingpagoda, share what Be More You means to you with hashtag #BeMoreYouContest
5 winners will receive $1000 in Piercing Pagoda gift cards & be featured in their own look book!
Fans can enter the contest on Instagram between October 14 and October 23 by posting a statement along with a photo using the hashtag #BeMoreYouContest while tagging Piercing Pagoda’s Instagram page.
Piercing Pagoda “Be More You” Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ABILITY TO WIN. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Contest entry period begins at 7:00 AM ET on October 14, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 23, 2020 (the "Contest Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
1. Eligibility: The Piercing Pagoda “Be More You” Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who possess a web-enabled mobile device and are at least 18 years old as of October 13, 2020. Persons who at any time during the Contest Period (or, if winner, as of the date of prize fulfillment) are employees, officers or directors of Zale Delaware, Inc. ("Sponsor"), United Entertainment Group Holdings LLC, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. ("Administrator"), or any of their respective parents, affiliates or subsidiaries or of any other company involved in the development or execution of the Contest (collectively the “Promotional Parties”), and persons who are a member of the immediate family (spouses, parents, siblings and children; whether biological, adopted, step or in-law, and regardless of where they live) of any such employee, officer or director or who live in the same household (whether or not related) as any such employee, officer or director, are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's and/or Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a Grand Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the winner. This Contest shall be construed and evaluated solely according to United States law and subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor is Zale Delaware, Inc., 375 Ghent Road, Akron, OH 44333. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
4. Entry Requirements, Representations and Warranties:
You acknowledge and agree to the following with respect to the Entry you submit: Entries will not be acknowledged. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals will be disqualified. By submitting an Entry and accepting a prize, each Entrant/winner irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the successors and assigns and licensees of each of the foregoing the right to use the Entrant’s name, Instagram handle, likeness, voice, persona, biographical information and/or statements attributed to the Entrant and the Entrant’s Entry (including, without limitation, the Photo and Caption that are part of the Entry) (“Personality Rights”), in whole or in part, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, including without limitation via Sponsor’s and third-party websites and social media and digital channels, for advertising, trade, promotional and commercial purposes and any other purposes, without further notice or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Any Entry not in compliance with the following requirements, or which does not otherwise meet the requirements of these Official Rules, will be disqualified.
- Entry must be in English and Caption must be 50 words or less.
- If anyone other than the Entrant is depicted in the Photo, then prior to posting, you must make them aware that you are submitting their image in this Contest and obtain their consent for their depiction in the Photo, the posting of the Photo on Instagram and the use of the Photo and their images as permitted pursuant to these Official Rules. If any additional person is a minor is his/her state of primary residence, Entrant must be parent or legal guardian of minor depicted. If Photo features additional people, they (or Entrant as parent or legal guardian) may be required to sign a release form (as provided by Sponsor), in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Do not submit a Photo of anyone who has not given you permission.
- Entry must not contain, include, or encourage images or activities that are dangerous, unsafe, or present unreasonable risk of harm to person or property.
- The Entry, or portion thereof, must not contain obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory or inappropriate content, or be disparaging to Sponsor, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Entry must not, and you represent and warrant that it will not, violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, trade dress, logos, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including, but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
- Entry must not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Piercing Pagoda), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable.
- Entry must not include any representation or likeness of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public or private figure (living or dead unless you have express permission), any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or last name, address, phone number, or URL address.
- Entrants and all submitted Entries must be in keeping with the image or message of the Sponsor in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Contest.
- Entry must be your sole original work and may not have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or previously exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
- You must own all rights in the Entry and have the right to grant Sponsor a license to use the Entry (including the Photo and any other material embodied in the Entry).
- Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products or other people, products or companies.
- Entry must not contain content that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
5. Grand Prize Winner Judging:
On or about October 30, 2020, all eligible Entries received will be judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives (“Judges”), based on the following criteria:
- Originality/Creativity – 30%
- Photographic Depiction Exhibiting “Be More You” – 30%
- Caption’s Depiction Exhibiting “Be More You” – 20%
- Best Expression of Individual's Enthusiasm – 10%
- Reflection of Sponsor’s values – 10%
The five (5) Entries that receive the highest scores from the Judges will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winners, subject to verification. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged by the Judges based 50% on Originality/Creativity and 50% on Photographic Depiction Exhibiting “Be More You”. Sponsor/Judges’ decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the judging. By participating, Entrants agree to the decisions of the Judges/Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No information regarding Entries or judging will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the Contest.
6. Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified by direct message on Instagram. Potential winners must follow the directions in the direct message, including providing your full name, date of birth and email address, within twenty-four (24) hours after the direct message is sent. If any potential winner does not respond to the direct message within twenty-four (24) hours after the direct message is sent, Sponsor will have the right in its discretion to disqualify the potential winner and determine an alternate potential winner, who will be notified and must respond in accordance with these Official Rules. Each potential winner will then be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability Release and except where prohibited, publicity release and assignment of rights (collectively, the “Declaration”) within three (3) days of it being sent in order to be confirmed as a winner. Declarations will be sent via DocuSign. If the potential winner does not return any required document or provide any required information within the time period specified by Sponsor, or if the Declaration or prize is returned undeliverable, or in the event that potential winner is ineligible for any reason or has not complied with these Official Rules, Sponsor will have the right to disqualify the potential winner, who will forfeit the prize, and determine an alternate Grand Prize winner (in which event the procedures and requirements set forth in this Section 5 will apply to the alternate winner). All prizes claimed will be awarded. Verification of eligibility may include, without limitation, a background investigation of the potential winner, and Entrants agree to supply any authorizations or permission deemed necessary by Sponsor in connection with any such investigation. Sponsor reserves the right to (but is not obligated to) conduct a background check on potential Grand Prize winners and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify based on the results of such background checks, if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding a Grand Prize to such winners might reflect negatively on Sponsor. Sponsor will have the right, in its discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to Sponsor (including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification). Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification. An Entrant is not a winner unless and until Entrant's eligibility has been verified and the Entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
7. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
Five (5) Grand Prizes: A $1,000 Piercing Pagoda gift card, a Video Conference with a Sponsor-specified Influencer (“Video Conference”) and the opportunity to appear in a Piercing Pagoda Lookbook (“Lookbook”). ARV: $1,000 each. Total ARV of all prizes: $5,000. Terms and conditions apply to the gift card. Each Grand Prize winner is responsible for any and all income taxes on the value of his/her prize. An IRS form 1099 will be issued as required by law. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions are permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value, if prize becomes unavailable. There is no retail value associated with the Video Conference or Lookbook portions of the Grand Prize. Each Grand Prize winner understands that the Video Conference may be recorded by Sponsor and the Video Conference and Lookbook may be posted on various mediums, including but not limited to, Sponsor’s social media channels, Influencers’ social media channels, and other Sponsor-selected websites, in press and on other Piercing Pagoda-owned channels, in Sponsor’s/Influencers’ sole discretion. In the event Video Conference is unable to take place for any reason, or if the Influencer selected by Sponsor is unavailable, that portion of the Grand Prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided. All details including day/time for scheduling of LookBook and Video Conference are in Sponsor’s (and in the case of the Video Conference, also the Influencers’) sole discretion and must occur on date/time specified or those portions of prize will be forfeited. Grand Prize winners may not record any portions of the Video Conference or the LookBooks event. Use of winner in the Lookbook is in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The depiction of the Grand Prize in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual prize the winner will receive. Sponsor and the other Promotional Parties shall not have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with the prize provided pursuant to the Contest and/or any Entrant’s participation in the Contest. Sponsor and the other Promotional Parties shall not be responsible for delays in delivery of the prize, and delivery is subject to availability.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor has the right, in its discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, to modify these Official Rules and to change any of the dates and/or times indicated in these Official Rules, at any time in its discretion, including without limitation in the event of any changes to the terms applicable to the use of Instagram or in connection with any fraud, technical failure or problem or occurrence that in Sponsor's judgment impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest or prevents the Contest from being conducted as planned, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation or early termination of the Contest, the Grand Prize winners will be determined (if a sufficient number of Entries are received) in accordance with the judging procedures set forth in these Official Rules. Proof of sending an Instagram Post will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator. Sponsor's or Administrator's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Contest; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
Administrator, in its sole discretion, will determine the validity of each Entry. If Sponsor determines or believes that any Entry is fraudulent, illegitimate or invalid, or that any Entrant has failed to comply with or has violated any provision of these Official Rules, Sponsor will have the right in its discretion to disqualify any affected Entrant and/or to void any suspect or affected Entries. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in any way without the prior written consent of Sponsor. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules and any Contest information provided elsewhere (including, without limitation, in advertising or marketing materials), these Official Rules shall prevail.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in and/or entering the Contest, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each Entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, each of their respective contractors and advertising and promotion agencies, and the successors and assigns of each of the foregoing, all other persons and entities involved in the development or operation of the Contest, all other persons and entities involved in the provision of prize or prize component or the marketing or promotion of the Contest (including, without limitation, Administrator and United Entertainment Group Holdings LLC) and the directors, officers, employees, representatives, advisors, agents and contractors of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims and causes of action of any kind that the entrant or other person ever had, now has or might in the future have arising out of or relating to the Contest, participation in the Contest, the provision, acceptance or use of any prize or prize component, or any use of the Entrant’s Personality Rights (as defined above) as permitted pursuant to these Official Rules, including without limitation any and all claims and causes of action (a) relating to any personal injury, death or property damage or loss sustained by any Entrant or any other person, (b) based upon any allegation of violation of the right of privacy or publicity, misappropriation, defamation, or violation of any other personal or proprietary right, or (c) based upon any allegation of a violation of any law, rule or regulation relating to personal information or data security. Each Entrant agrees not to assert any such claim or cause of action against any of the Released Parties. Each Entrant assumes the risk of, and all liability for, any injury, loss or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or the provision, acceptance or use of prize or prize component. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will not have any liability in connection with, any typographical, printing, production, distribution or other error and may modify, rescind, cancel or revoke this Contest based upon any such error without liability and at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Released Parties are not responsible for, and will not have any liability in connection with, late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete Entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of Entries or Entry information or any other human, mechanical or technical error of any kind relating to the Contest, any website associated with the Contest, communications or attempted communications with any Entrant, failures of or delay in any mobile, wireless, Internet or cellular transmission or connection or the submission, collection, storage and/or processing of Entries or the administration of the Contest.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, PANDEMICS, QUARANTINES OR TERRORISM.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE GRAND PRIZE, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a federal or state located in Akron, OH; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
12. Official Rules and Grand Prize Winners: For a copy of these Official Rules, visit http://www.pagoda.com/bmy-contest-rules. For the names of the Grand Prize winners, available for ninety (90) days after November 13, 2020, send an email to: Winners@dja.com with WINNERS & 20-2705-04 as the subject line. Winners List will be sent after the Grand Prizes have been awarded.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Zale Delaware, Inc. and not to Instagram.
Consumer Disclosure You have not yet won a prize. THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN. Five (5) Grand Prizes have a retail value of approximately $1,000 each. This Contest is sponsored by Zale Delaware, Inc., 375 Ghent Road, Akron, OH 44333. Restrictions apply. Entry is limited to one (1) per person throughout the Contest Period. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S./D.C., who possess a web-enabled mobile device and are at least 18 years old as of October 13, 2020. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Zale Delaware, Inc., Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and judging organizations as well as their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children and siblings) and/or persons living under the same household are not eligible to enter. Begins at 7:00 a.m. on 10/14/20 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 10/23/20.